Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Making progress!

Very productive couple of days in the studio. Finished all my sculpting in a couple of hours last night. I have to say I REALLY like working with paper clay. So easy to manipulate, dries hard and quickly, and seems very well suited for what I am doing. I was also able to get the remainder of my foam sheet pieces cut out and ready for painting. As I work, I sense a change in the way I approach the balls now. I am less concerned with maintaining the appearance of the balls (ironic that I ever did given my lack of interest in sports) to seeing them primarily for their shape. Now I am using them solely as an armature for each piece. Be interesting to see where this all goes. Hope to have some pics of completed pieces up this weekend. I should have about a half dozen ready for their close-up by then.

1 comment: