Sunday, August 29, 2010

My favorite time of the year!

Well, it is now the end of August and only days away from Fall, my favorite time of the year. I know that fall doesn't officially begin till mid September, but as far as I am concerned, we are close enough. There is so much that I look forward to when the temps begin to drop and the green gives way to browns, reds, yellows and oranges. There is just something about the feel of the autumn months, the brings me to life. I feel much more energized and inspired once we get beyond the heat and humidity of June, July and August. Doesn't hurt that besides raking leaves, the outdoor tasks list begins to dwindle, and I feel like I can once again focus my efforts and energy elsewhere.

Got some fun Halloween themed art project formulating which I will post pics of as they begin to take shape. Now that I have discovered that there is a whole division in the art world dedicated to Halloween art and things of the macabre nature, I look forward to trying my hand at creating some pieces in that vein as well. I only hope that my work comes half as close to the awesome things I have seen on this blog network and elsewhere in my trips around the web.

In addition to the visual arts, I am still working on some writing projects. I am signed up for NaNoWriMo to take place in November, and I have joined a writers group to be held at the library in the coming months. At this point the group is just a short-term thing, but it sounds like the plan is to make it a regular event if the interest is there. I know I would welcome having a group of peers to work with. If things go as planned, (there I go planning again) I hope to be working regularly on my series of "midwestern gothic" novels, and featuring artwork described in the books on this blog. Think it could be a fun challenge to find a way to "marry" both my writing and my art. Will see how it comes together.

Well, that gets us somewhat up to date for now. Following is a picture of the laminated paper project that came out of a workshop I did back in June. Finally got around to the finishing touches. Liked the medium, and once I can get a hold of the gel used, I will try some more. I see a monkey in plaid pants in the future!

Any way, till my next entry, here's to living the creative life!

4 comments:

  1. A monkey in plaid pants would like fun. Look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! lee and perrins now makes a 'thick' worcestershire sauce!!! i was so excited when i found it. it just showed up on shelves in the last 6 months!

    ReplyDelete